Saturday, 24 November 2012

Brave




Screenshot from Brave with Merida and family sitting at the dinner table


A scene from Brave - Looking over an ancient castle with Scottish mountains in the background
 When I saw Pixar's Brave, one thing I loved was the visuals. The colour, the lighting  the concepts, they were outstanding. The Scottish scenery was spot on and the visuals adapted to the films story.
 On the right the whole of the background is de-saturated and grey, creating a gloomy look. The character in the mid ground has a 
lot more colour but in comparison to the very saturated foreground is slight de-saturated.

 The warm colours in this scene create a homely feel to the old castle. There is a lot of red in the scene but the use of green on everyone's clothes gives appropriate colour proportion to the scene.

 I loved the shots of the Scottish landscapes. In this example the focal point of the cliff-side is balanced with a mixture of greens, yellows and reds. The broken colour of green in the background perfectly describes the distant background and the gloomy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment